buzzfeed.com 49 Games You Can Play With Only Two People Melanie Aman BuzzFeed Staff 17-21 minutes We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A traditional game of Scrabble to test your word-making abilities. You’d better have a dictionary nearby because you’re gonna need it. Barnes & Noble Get it from Barnes & Noble for $14.95.
2. Or a Harry Potter Scrabble if that’s more your cup of tea. It follows most of the rules as an old-school Scrabble game but spells, potion names, characters from the series, and wizarding locations all count as words. Bed Bath & Beyond Promising review: “The cards used in association with this game make it quite fun. Even if you are not a Harry Potter pro, the cards shake the game up. From switching tile racks to backwards spelling, this game was worth the premium price.” —Drew Get it from Bed Bath & Beyond for $29.99.
3. A beautiful set of dice for Yatzy — another traditional game (except this version’s gotten a bit of a face-lift) that’ll have you pulling out your lucky rabbit’s foot before each roll. West Elm Get it from West Elm for $9.99.
4. Mancala because I am about to crush you with colorful glass stones. I take Mancala very seriously if you couldn’t tell. JOANN Get it from JOANN for $9.74.
5. Monopoly Fortnite so you can boogie bomb the millennials or Gen Z’ers in this battle royale version of classic Monopoly. It has many of the same elements as the video game: Tilted Towers, loot chests, the storm, and even the battle bus. So, where we dropping boys? JCPenney Promising review: “Really enjoy playing this game. My kids love this game. Would play it every day if they could.” —MsDivaD1 Get it from JCPenney for $19.99
. 6. Connect 4 Shots to put your years of beer pong experience to use. It’s just like regular Connect 4 except you have to bounce your colored balls from the table to the slots. JCPenney Get it from JCPenney for $19.99.
7. A magnetic chess set if you’re getting ~board~ with other games. REI Promising review: “Awesome ‘take it anywhere with you’ type of game especially for camping and backpacking trips. The magnetic top and pieces rock.” —Suep G Get it from REI for $14.95.
8. A fun game of checkers that’ll no doubt bring out your competitive side.
WoodenChessDirect / Etsy 9. Or, Chinese checkers for testing your tactical skills. Can you get all your colored pegs to the opposite side of the board? AmaWoodShop / Etsy
10. Cribbage because now is the perfect time to finally learn how to play. And once you get going, a game will only take you ~30 minutes so you can try plenty of times. REI Promising review: “The cards and pegs fit nicely in the board and it has its own little pack for easy storage. Lightweight and doesn’t take up much space. A good time for any situation.” —Mandingo05 Get it from REI for $16.95.
11. Jenga so you can get your daily adrenaline rush as you remove a block and hope your giant tower doesn’t come crumbling down. Barnes & Noble Get it from Barnes & Noble for $16.95.
12. Or Jenga Throw ‘n Go to add another element of surprise to your game. The roll of a dice determines which color block you have to remove. Wayfair Promising review: “Lots of fun and addictive. The die makes it more interesting and eventually more difficult as the tower gets taller and harder to pull certain color blocks. So much fun!” —Patricia Get it from Wayfair for $27.50.
For more games continue reading here.