Please meet Rex Betty, and Kenya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1iHJQWgy4&feature=youtu.be
On 11 April 2014, Rex died a painful death after eating a Sodium Monofluoroacetate (1080) poisoned bait, in his suburban backyard in Collie, Western Australia. Rex’s death was drawn out and was observed by his owners who were unable to help him. Betty and Kenya both met the same cruel fate. Tests were undertaken on the baits found in Rex’s backyard and they were 1080 dry baits. Thousands of domestic pets die each year from 1080 poison, many go unreported because it is so distressing for the owners to observe. Domestic Pets regularly die across Wildlife suffer the same cruel and unnecessary fate, many of which are endangered species. So called “target specific” baiting is a myth. Baits can be carried for up to 2K and wildlife feed from poisoned carcass.
1080 is a poison with no known antidote. It kills all breathing creatures slowly and cruelly and has the capacity to kill humans. In humans, symptoms include pains in the chest, nausea, vomiting, respiratory distress and frothing of the mouth, coma. 1080 does not discriminate. Made in USA and banned in most countries it is still used in epidemic proportions across Australia.
1080 is a potential risk to human health, it should be banned from any use.