UPDATES – SPECIAL COVERAGE – LIVE
As the Russian Ambassador to Turkey was gunned down with multiple shots, the shooter shouted “ALLAHU AKBAR!”
- Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova confirmed Andrei Karlov’s passing, saying he died as the result of a “terrorist act.”
- Private NTV news channel reports Turkish police fatally shot the gunman.
- It is not clear if anyone else was wounded in the attack, nor the extent of any other injuries.
- The attacker has not been identified.
- The ambassador was several minutes into a speech at an embassy-sponsored photo exhibition in the capital, Ankara, when a man wearing a suit and tie shouted “Allahu Akbar” and fired at least eight shots, according to an AP photographer in the audience. The attacker also said some words in Russian and smashed several of the…
View original post 434 more words