Pet treats found contaminated with heavy metals – Health Ranger releases shocking data on lead, mercury and cadmium in dog and cat treats
Monday, April 21, 2014
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
(NaturalNews) My food science research in the Natural News Forensic Food Labs has turned up yet another alarming discovery… and this time, it’s about pet treats that may be poisoning your dogs and cats with toxic heavy metals.
Over the last several months, I’ve been testing popular brands of pet treats sold by retailers like Amazon.com, and what I found is downright alarming:
• An astonishing 1.8 ppm of lead in Mundy Rawhide Gourmet Dog Treats made by a company called Cadet. The treats are made in China and labeled “NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.”
• A startling 6 ppm of cadmium found in “Red Shrimp” reptile treats made by Zoo Med.
• A shocking level of…
View original post 675 more words